Monday, April 2, 2012

Do something FUN to stay fit!!

When it comes to being fit and staying healthy, a healthy diet is only one part of the equation.  You also have got to be active and break a sweat.
 
I don't know many people who are content with doing the exact same thing day in and day out.  Even though I'm sure they are out there.  The best way to do it is to make it fun!  Change things up a little bit.  Throw in extremes and get wild and crazy.  (It really is OK to do just that.)  :)

This is the rut that I have been in and I have been craving something exciting to do.  Then I found the Warrior Dash!  Oh. My. Goodness!!  This was so much fun!  I was able to twist my husbands arm enough to join with me (he's so good to support me in all my craziness!) and we had so much fun!


I was really nervous because I have never in my life done anything even remotely close to this before.  They have you sign a waiver before you run the race and it was the first time in my life that I signed a paper that said, "I'm aware I could lose my life."  I have two little ones to think about, so I walk on the cautious side of life these days, so that was slightly unnerving.  But the race was WAY easier and not nearly as extreme as I thought it would be.  I'm not even sore....which I'm a little bummed about.  DARN!!  (I actually really love that sore feeling after a good workout!) 

We will certainly be doing this again.  And I would encourage any and all of you to jump in and do the same.  This is a great way to mix things up and keep your fitness exciting!  Below you will find links to nationwide races that travel the country.  The Warrior Dash is one of those.  Check the links to see if one of these races is happening in your neck of the woods anytime soon.  You won't regret it!

I think I was a little too worried about all the laundry...so I kept the mud minimal. 
My warrior husband!! 
Here are the three races that are on my goal list for the summer.  I can't wait to do another one.  If any of you out there are crazy enough to come and join me, we can make it a party!!

Warrior Dash

Foam Fest

The Color Run