Monday, December 19, 2011

More Evidence

OK, so I know I've shared this before, but I can't stress it enough.  Today I'm going to share with you the movie trailer from Forks Over Knives.  I happened to catch a glimpse of it today and went back and re-watched parts of the show and I can't tell you just how passionate I am about this.



This way of life is so much more then a diet.  This is a lifestyle.  It's about getting your body to a healthy place and doing all that you can to keep it there.  I have a scary family history.  Pretty much everything you could possibly imagine is mixed in there.  From both sides of my family history (paternal and maternal.)  When I had my son, I had quite a few health problems from the birth but then more that followed.  And all I could think about was not being around to see my kids graduations, or weddings, or grand kids. 

So much of my family history is not only preventable but reversible.  I can change and help my kids change.  I don't want to go under the knife if I know I can prevent it.  I don't want have cancer or heart disease and I don't want to be laid up in bed suffering from some chronic illness when I know that my diet can prevent that.  Why live with fear if you don't have to?  Today I am taking the necessary steps so that I will not have that fear when I look down the road.

I know my dad will not appreciate this, but here is another great clip from former president Bill Clinton who has switched to a whole food, plant based diet. 



There is so much more to this then the food.  It's about living your life and THRIVING while you live that life!  Enjoying as much of it as you possibly can. 

I'd love to hear from you.  What has your experience been?  Have you yourself made a change to a healthier lifestyle?  Have you seen someone make the switch to a whole food, plant based diet?  What has their experience been like? 

I hope you all will at least consider a lifestyle change like this.  I guarantee that you will feel better.