Saturday, December 17, 2011

"A little bit of everything" chilli

Here is another great recipe to share with all of you.  I actually won a chilli cook off with this recipe.  We have it almost once a week.  It's pretty darn good.  Here's the recipe:


"A Little Bit of Everything" Chilli

1 package Morning Star Farms Meal Starter Grillers Recipe Crumbles (optional)
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans (sometimes I do two, depends on if I use the meal starters or not)
1 can diced tomatoes with diced chilli's (or southwest style or salsa style)
1 can corn (drained)
1 cup of your favorite salsa (homemade is always amazing in this)
2 Tbsp of homemade (or 1 packet) of taco seasoning
1 red onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 zucchini, diced
1 bunch finely chopped cilantro (added in at the end)

Throw it all in your crockpot on high for about 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.  And enjoy!  We like to garnish ours with freshly diced tomatos, avocado, maybe some rice cheese, and use tortilla chips for dipping.  Makes for a great cold weather meal.  I hope you enjoy it too.  I'd love to hear what you thought of the recipe.  Drop me a line if you end up making this and let me know what you thought, how you changed it, what you would have changed.  I always love altering my recipes and love hearing how others do the same. 

Also, I've been reading Born To Run by Christopher McDougall and can't put it down!  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!!  Go out to your local library and check it out.  You won't regret it. 

Next week I plan to dive more into working out.  I'll share with you great workouts that I love, running techniques that have helped me, and loads of other stuff.  I can't wait!