Saturday, January 14, 2012

Good Nutrition + Good Workout Program = Amazing!

Have you see the photo challenge yet?  Click on the tab above to participate.  
I'd love to see what you're up to.

I am relatively new to this whole working out thing.  I've always lived an active life.  I grew up on a farm and my dad made sure we knew how to work.  Mountains were close by and we loved to go hiking as a family.  Then in college I joined the ballroom team and danced my little heart out.  I know what it means to live an active life.  But I never fully grasped the concept of the daily workout.  I bought several different gym memberships and would basically donate my money to them every month.  I'd attend a kickboxing class here and there, but nothing consistent.  It hasn't been until recently that I have seen the wisdom in this.  

 See I had friends who would get so obsessed with counting how much fat they were burning while on the treadmill.  Friends that would spend hours in the gym and never really accomplish anything.  So I figured it couldn't really amount to much.  I figured if they were dedicating all this time and energy to getting fit and nothing was changing that obviously it was all a hoax anyway.  

Now I know otherwise.  Diet and nutrition account for 85% of your results.  You can dedicate all the time and energy that you want to working out and pumping iron, but if you haven't changed your diet, you most likely are not going to see the results you desire.  That is what it all boils down to.  You can't exercise your way out of bad nutrition.  Period.

Granted, the two certainly go hand in hand.  A healthy diet AND a workout program.  Once you implement the two of these into your lifestyle you will be amazed at the results you find.  Think about vinegar and baking soda.  When you combine the two of them the reaction is pretty incredible, (especially if you are a little kid.)  By combining a healthy diet with a healthy workout program you are going to see a similar reaction.  

And the beauty of it is it's so simple!  Anyone can do it!  Anywhere, anytime.  All you have to do is find your will power and determination deep inside.  You don't need anything more then those two things.  Once you set your mind on your goal and really gain that conviction that you will not be moved, you will do amazing things and see incredible results.  

I hope you'll all join me on this journey.  Living and active healthy lifestyle makes life feel more vibrant everyday.  Tomorrow I'll touch on a few workout mistakes and how to correct them.  

Disclaimer:  I am in no way a fitness professional.  Everything that I write about on this blog are purely my opinion and lessons I have learned through life and reading.