Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm a Valentine Day Lover!!

Just in case you haven't checked your calendar lately, let me tell you that Valentines Day is just around the corner.  A week from tomorrow to be exact.  (Unless of course you're Down Under then it's a week from TODAY!)

And I'll share a personal secret with you, Valentines day is fast becoming my all time favorite holiday.  I just love it!!  Partly because I am head over heels in love with my dear sweet husband, but also because it's a chance to recognize good friends and family members.

It's a chance to just be sweet and kind to all those around you.  Which, of course, is something we should be doing everyday, but this gives us an excuse to be cutesy about it.  :) I love making things, I love giving things, and I love being secretive about it.  I love a good surprise!  So now you see why I love it so much.  

But, as with any holiday there is a down side.  And that down side for me is all the junk and sugar that surround most holidays!  And Valentine's Day is no exception.  Boxes of chocolates, sugar cookies, and all kinds of candy.  And for several years I have bought into it.  I loved and ate it all and felt sick and nasty afterwards.  Last year I made my husband a really cute (and really unhealthy) sugar cookie bouquet which apparently he's not really into because he came home and said he gave it all away to his co-workers!  So I decided that next year (which is this year) I'd hit the nail on the head. 

So over the next few posts through out the week I plan to share with you HEALTHY ideas for Valentine's treats.  There are so many cute ideas out there that are healthy too!  In fact, by giving a healthy treat you are telling your loved one that you love them so much that you are looking after their insides.  :)

And who said you had to give food?  We'll also be touching on great non-edible items as well.  I'm really excited to share with you some of the things I've discovered!

 To kick this week off, let me share with you an awesome Valentine workout.  This is taken from one of my favorite webistes, toneitup.com, go there and check out all the great Valentine stuff they are sharing.  I was thrilled with what I found.  Below is a snip it from there workout routine they put together.  You can go to their site and watch the video for it or print off the workout you see below.  Its awesome!  I'm actually starting a binder to hold all the workouts I've printed off from their site.

Enjoy!